While there are a lot of benefits from shopping at places like Sephora and Ulta (earning points, trying out multiple brands in a single place, staff that’s not committed to trying to sell you a particular brand), one of the nice things about going to department stores instead are the occasional free gifts a brand will offer when you spend a certain amount of money. Right now Lancome is having a deal where you receive a 7-piece gift with a $35 purchase. Not bad at all.
Here’s what you get:
- Your choice of serum: Lancôme Rénergie Lift Multi-Action Reviva-Concentrate OR Lancôme Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector (read Sarah’s review here of this product here). For those not familiar, face serums is an ultra-silky liquid product that usually boasts skin-rejuvenating/age-defying properties. I use mine at night after washing my face.
- Your choice of moisturizer: Absolue Premium Sunscreen Replenishing and Rejuvenating Cream OR Rénergie Lift Multi-Action Sunscreen Lifting and Firming Cream.
- Your choice of body lotion: Trésor Perfumed Body Lotion OR La Vie Est Belle Nourishing Fragrance Body Lotion
- Your choice of cheek/lip duo.
- A pink or blue cosmetics bag
- A Definicils High Definition Mascara
Most of these items will be sample-sized, but that’s more than enough to get good use out of them (and to figure out if you might like to purchase this product in the future). Not familiar with the Lancome brand? I can highly recommend:
- The Blush Subtil Delicate Oil-Free Powder Blush. It applies beautifully and it comes in a lot of great colors. My favorite is the Miel Glace, which is a really natural, peachier blush that looks great on many skin tones.
- The Photogenic Lumessence Light-Mastering & Line-Smoothing Makeup SPF 15. Actually, I used an earlier version of this foundation for years (it has a less complicated name then), and it was perfect–great coverage, smooth application, and it photographed very well (I used it the day of my wedding). A really nice option for people who want a little more coverage than what a BB cream or tinted moisturizer might offer.
- Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover. By far the best makeup remover I’ve ever used. It feels like water but it removes all makeup effortlessly. Worth the big bucks.
- Any of their mascaras. Lancome’s mascaras are a really “wet” formula which makes them easy to apply–the makeup glides on, no clumping, no flaking later in the day.
When you checkout, if you’ve spent the requisite $35, you’ll be asked to pick the samples you want. Easy as that. Deal ends when supplies run out. Anyone out there a die-hard Lancome fan?